I learned this one from Mom! You can keep it very low fat with soft warm corn tortillas, or fatten them up by heating tortillas (on one side only) on a very lightly sprayed skillet.
- Potatoes of your choice
- Salt-free (or low salt) tomato salsa
- Corn tortillas
- Sliced tomatoes
- Shredded cabbage, broccoli, carrots
- Peel and boil whole potatoes
- Drain & add salsa to taste & mash with potato masher
- Warm corn tortillas on hot skillet, as you fold them in half
- Spread potato mixture inside warmed tortillas (like spreading peanut butter!)
- Fill tacos with shredded veggies and sliced tomatoes
- (optional: may add avocado on party days!)
Serve with sides of nonfat salt-free pinto beans and rice. Enjoy!