Recommended by my sweet Auntie Bri.
I made few modifications. Original recipe available at link below.
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 onion
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Ethiopian seasoning
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 15 oz can (or freshly boiled) chickpeas
- 4 cups water
- 1 lemon
- optional: 1/2 cup nut milk (preferably thick, made with cashews)
- Tabasco sauce (to taste)
- Some fresh chopped kale, cabbage, radicchio, brussel sprouts, etc
- Water-sauté dice onion, minced garlic, grated ginger in large soup pot until the onions are soft and transparent
- Add the curry powder, smoked paprika, Ethiopian seasoning to pot
- Add potatoes, tomatoes, chickpeas, water, lemon juice to pot & stir
- Simmer with the lid on for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add nut milk
- Add Tabasco, to taste
- Serve steaming hot over fresh chopped greens!