(Total actual time in pot = approx 90 min)
- Plug in Instant Pot
- Wash/ rinse dry beans
- Pour beans in Instant Pot w/ three inches water above beans & add some garlic
- Twist lid closed
- Press “Manual” button
- Close top vent key (use “SEALING” position)
- Timer will show 30 min.
(Usually you press “+” to ADD time, or “-” to SUBTRACT time. But don’t do that b/c 30 min is perfect for dry beans!)
- Just wait & pot will warm up & eventually begin the 30 min cooking countdown.
- When finished it will switch to LO keep warm mode. You may unplug now. Do nothing else, just wait & let heat release natually for approx 30 more minutes.
- Twist open & eat. Very hot metal pot!
Approximate cooking times for other unsoaked beans in Instant Pot: